A friend of mine told me something today that sparked an idea. He recently made the decision to create a lifestyle change and set a goal for ideal body fitness. The only issue is, being a full-time employee like many of us today, he is struggling with the time juggle.
Here’s my idea:
WHY do we need to work from 9am to 5pm (on average)? Is there so much work that we have to be at our desk and do work nonstop for 8 hours?
- What if we gave AUTONOMY to the individuals to ENGAGE their teams and managers on agreements of work MASTERY? i.e. let me propose to you what I can best and realistically accomplish in a day and I will accomplish these goals on my own time and with people that are conducive to teamwork and success
Check out this video around MOTIVATION and you’ll see how I came up with this idea:
Here’s another idea: We all know we are extra motivated when working out with a group of people.
- What if you can incorporate exercise and healthy eating into your team dynamic? i.e. we can stimulate team bonding while promoting health
- What if instead of going to bars for happy hour, we went for bike rides (spin class) or cooked healthy meals and ate them together?
- Why aren’t companies more concerned about keeping their employees healthy?
- Why aren’t there insurance plans available for healthy people and shouldn’t we be rewarded for being healthy? i.e. lower the cost?
And I leave you with this question: WHY AREN’T WE AS A SOCIETY ENCOURAGING PEOPLE TO BE MORE HEALTHY?
Spread the word~ 🙂